Every living thing needs water, especially you. You are made up of 2/3 of water. That’s a lot of H2O!
Like a car cannot run without gas, your body cannot work without water. When your body doesn’t get enough water it will tell you. You might start to notice that you have trouble with math or reading. Are you having trouble concentrating? Drink up! That is your body’s way of telling you that you need water.
By drinking enough water, your body will work better and help you be healthy. Here are a few hints to show you how important water is to your body.
- Water + You = Good Grades. Drinking the right amount of water can help you to perform better in school because it keeps your brain active and helps you to concentrate.
- Mom, I’m thirsty! Do you ever feel like you always need a drink and your parents never do? Maybe that’s because children need to drink more water than adults because they get thirstier faster.
- Make your dentist proud. Drinking water makes your teeth strong and healthy because it contains fluoride.
- Hey now, you’re an All Star. In sports, you work your arms and legs out a lot when you run, jump and throw. You need water when you play sports, not just to drink, but also in your body because it forms part of the fluids that surround your joints and help you to bend your knees and elbows.
- Nature is cool. Who needs a fan when we have water? The water in your body helps to keep your temperature at a healthy 98.6°. That is why you sweat-it is nature’s way of keeping you cool!
- More energy. Water gives you the strength you need at school and with your friends because it helps turn the foods you eat into energy.
Whether it’s working hard or playing hard, make sure you are getting enough water to drink everyday. Remember, when you start to feel thirsty that means your body is already low on water.
Eight glasses of water a day, keeps the doctor away!